…but didn’t get round to it. Woops!
This stuff happened (I didn’t manage to go to any of them, but meant to at least promote them on the Loving Leeds Blog Facebook page!):
- Live at Leeds (May) – an annual one-day music festival held at various venues across the city
- Tour de Yorkshire (May) – a four-day cycling stage race
- Slam Dunk festival (May) – an annual pop-punk festival. Held at Temple Newsam for the first time this year
- AJ Bell World Triathlon (June) – amateur and professional triathletes competing across Leeds
- Pub in the park (May/June) – food and drink event organised by chef Tom Kerridge in Roundhay Park.
This stuff is going to happen:
- Millennium Square Summer Series (July/August) – there are some great concerts lined up as part of this year’s programme: orchestral workings of 80s hits; Jurassic Park in concert; Whitney – Queen of the night
- Yorkshire Sculpture International (June – September) – A festival of sculpture across Leeds and Wakefield
- Leeds Pride (4 August) – Yorkshire’s biggest celebration of lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans life
- Leeds Carnival parade (26 August) – I have always wanted to go to this amazing event and am determined to make it this year!
I’ve been here:
- A family trip to Temple Newsam
- And to Lotherton Hall (I plan on blogging about them both shortly!)
- The Gin and Rum festival at Leeds Town Hall
- Pizza at Mod – took me a while to get used to the Subway vibe and lack of waiting staff, but the pizza was goooood!
- Lunch at Issho – I can’t wait to go back here for an evening meal and some drinks in the amazing bar area.
I still want to go to:
- Teppenyaki – How have I still not been here?? I’ve been wanting to go to this Japanese restaurant for ages. It’s the kind of place I’d like to go with a group of friends and not just as a couple.
- The Domino Club – I’ve briefly been into this cocktail bar, but not to leisurely enjoy a drink whilst listening to some jazz.
- The Swine That Dines – I was supposed to be going here with friends recently but was full of cold and couldn’t make it. Boo!
- New escape games – A number of new escape games have popped up over the last year, and having enjoyed other ones in Leeds such as Tick Tock Unlock, I’d love to give them a try.
Hopefully you’ll be hearing more from me soon. Watch this space!